1) Describe your blog
A guide to London for both Londoners and visitors told from insiders perspective.
2) Why did you create your blog?
Ive always had a passion for my hometown and wasnt able to use it in my day job, so decided a blog would be a good outlet to express it.
3) What is your favourite blog post and why?
My reflection on the Olympics. Feels more like a diary entry of a really special time for London. Whenever I read it, it just makes me remember an amazing summer.
4) What are the top 3 things you have learnt from blogging?
To utilise my time off more, and has given me an insight into what draws people to London. Blogging has developed a business sense in me I didnt know I had as I try to find more ways to expand my audience.
5) What is your favourite part of London and why?
Southbank. I grew up playing along there when it was quiet, long before the London Eye and tourists arrived – and just love being by the water and the atmosphere. Love going to the alfresco bars and restaurants in summer.
6) How does London compare to other cities around the world?
In terms of attractions, history, architecture, variety of entertainment and cuisine, nowhere can compare in my eyes. Its only since travelling to a lot of world cities Ive begun to realise how great London is.
7) What have you found to be the best way to make friends in London?
Work or joining a class or club. Ive got a varied mix of friends from childhood, uni, work and through other friends so they really have come from a wide range of places.
8) If you could give someone new to London one piece of career advice what would it be?
London is a hard place to start career wise in terms of money and competitiveness, but if you stick with it, the skys the limit when it comes to what you can achieve. Youve just got be patient and hard-working.